Sunday, January 13, 2013

Write Away...


 Write Away…

It is said that our minds process more than 60,000 images in a day, and with that thought, I would have to say that the actual and mental picture being processed by mine may overflow tremendously that I don’t have anywhere else to vent out to but to pander myself into writing.

As you wonder why I write, allow me to clearly sum it all up in the simplest way that I know.

I Write To Remember…
More than anything else, I write because I want to fossilize a smell, a thought, a vision, a touch, an impulsive feeling or a tinge of pain that I submit myself to. I’ve kept a diary from the time I started to assume that my life is truly wayward than anyone else. You see, at a young age, I’m inclined to overthinking”. I think too much, I think ahead and yes, sometimes, I do think sideways. It’s only apropos to say that I equally “over-feel—if there’s no such word--I’d like to give rise to that... for I feel too much, I feel ahead and again, I feel sideways.
I started reading before I started schooling (I think...); I’ve read a lot of books (fiction) and my mind are filled with every ounce of the characters’ experience, and I’ve lived through every recollection that I have for each familiarity. I have this leaning towards the condition of being susceptible and receptive to the beauty of life as well as its deceitful drawback.  I have kept these diaries up until now, and on occasion I read them… and just like a bolt from the blue, it brings back memories that I had in the olden days. The vivid smell, the happy wonders, the giggles, and the tears; they all keep coming back as I leaf through the old pages of my silly and indignant years.
Diaries grew out of date and so do my youth and I’ve relocated my thoughts from pages to web blog or what we now know of as BLOG. My mind conveys its story as my heart reveals its yearnings as I post my entries on my online diary; Hence, BLOGGING (for me) became a sobriquet for writing… which drives me to my second analysis.

I Write To Share…
I may not write religiously, In fact, I’m an occasional visitor of my own blog. I only write if there are pent up emotions that require candor. I’m someone who keeps my quandaries to me. I would rather keep it to myself than burden someone else, that’s what I did—for the longest time. Things do not always go as planned and whenever I’m confounded with life’s mystery, I write so they’ll understand, I write to be understood, I write so my feelings will be solidified. I feel that I can write best whenever I’m down in the dumps or whenever life entails excessive celebration and it is only in these moments that my mind calls for my emotions to find the words and put it all into writing. Diaries are meant to be a hush-hush—no one shall see and read whatever’s written in there. Blogging is somehow lighter, relaxed and free. You don’t have to dig a hole in a deserted place to bury a diary and hid it from anyone to see, no locks needed, and most of all, no keys to misplace. 

I write because most of the time I stutter. I suppose my mind generates thoughts and ideas faster than my tongue could take. It’s easier for me to lay down my thinking in writing than speaking. I can write down my opinions better than say it. In writing, I can edit my statements; I can delete my words for fear that I might offend someone, I can click on backspace (keyboard) to tone down my purpose and undo every word if I sound too harsh. I’m more comfortable to share my thoughts in writing than anything else.
 I can communicate better and share my sense more. In short, I am able to share myself best through writing and I’m absorbed better by the people around me. Having said that, allow me to proceed to my last intention.

I Write To Inspire…
            Experience is the best teacher. We do not need to go through an experience in order to discern it; my experience and the experience of others can be a sense of learning. I write because I know that my friends and students will come across my entries at one point or another, and it always gives a sense of implication if someone connects through me because of my writing. 
Recently, I’ve been encouraging my students to start up a blog. Blogging can minimize tired out periods in Facebook and persuade students to alight in writing. There were hesitations, yet it’s a work in progress. Outputs are submitted online through blogging and it’s even equally rewarding when they embark on the challenge of showcasing their creativity through writing.

            Online journal writing is not a privacy issue for I see it as a challenge for one to use symbolism and incorporate poetic devices so as not to lay stripped- naked for the world to pore over. Writing is challenging but when you manage to touch a heart because of writing; when you’ve consoled a grieving soul, when you’ve painted a smile on someone’s face during a dull day, when you’ve inspired someone to do the same, that’s when you know that it’s a shot in the arm, that’s when you realize that you’ve found your purpose, that’s when you are vindicated that indeed,  you are ...


Remembered, 
Accepted and
Encouraged.

Now, as I’m about to end my thoughts, allow me to just put my two cents with this:

I find solace in writing as much as I have known freedom and serenity.
 I write to keep my sanity and it is only through writing that I can be the real me.

 Is it a living? Maybe.
 Is it a Vocation? Hardly.
Well then, is it a calling? Probably.

 One thing is for sure and you better take heed,
 I write because I want to—not for anything-- but out of need.


A Personal essay on Writing (English 206-Creative & Technical Writing)





No comments:

Post a Comment